Invite People to join your wiki by clicking on , which is located at the top-right corner of your page. If a person already has a user account, we recommend to send an invitation directly to that account as opposed to entering the invitee's email address - Do so by clicking on Invite People, and then entering the username or email address into the invitation field-box.
- Your invitees MUST register their new Wikispaces user account with the same email address your invitation was sent to.
- A new user who joined your wiki as a member is not limited to your wiki. In other words, a new member can join other wikis as well as create their own.
- You can invite up to 100 members per day per wiki.
- All of the people you invite to join will be listed at the bottom of your Members page, under "Pending Email Invitations" until they accept or decline your invitation.
The list of members on your wiki will also allow you to promote, demote, and remove members. All you need to do is check the box next to the relevant usernames on the members list, and click on the relevant action button at the top.
- You'll find an "Export to CSV" button at the bottom-right corner of your wiki's Members list. Click on this file to create a CSV file that contains a list of all of your wiki members.
As a wiki organizer, you can generate a Join Code that will allow your prospective members to join without the use of an invitation or a membership request. Click on to generate a new join code. Once you do, the page will refresh and you'll see a green notification at the top, notifying you of your new code. You can share that code with your students or collaborators, or scroll back to the Join Code area and obtain a join code link:
- Provide prospective members with your wiki's address and ask them to input the code they received into the Join Code banner at the top of your wiki.
- Alternatively, share the Join Code link with prospective members - That way, you don't have to share your wiki's URL as well.
- Join codes automatically expire after 1 week.
- You can always generate a new code.
Allowing Membership Requests
Wiki organizers can trigger the option of letting non-members request membership on their wiki. This trigger will introduce a banner at the top of your wiki which can be used by signed-in non-members to request membership on your wiki.
- This trigger can be found on (Wiki) Settings > Permissions > "Let non-members request membership in this wiki."
- A list of all pending membership requests can be found at the bottom of your wiki's Members area.